The following titles are eligible for selection as an outside reading text:
• The Things They Carried by Tim Obrien
• The House of Mirth by Edith Wharton
• Farewell to Manzanar by Jeanne Houston
• A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemmingway
• The World According to Garp by John Irving
Please choose one by Wednesday, March 19th.
Also, in case you haven't looked at your syllabus for a while, check the "Major Questions" field on the back; not only have we begun examining them through our other works, but each applies very well to The Great Gatsby.
• What is the American Dream?
• How does our past help determine our future?
• What drives people to create, succeed, or connect with one another?