Here are the instructions the school provides for new users; if you've already registered, you only need the class ID and enrollment password from step 4. If you were in my class last semester and successfully submitted something to turnitin.com, the class ID and password are the same!
1. Go to Turnitin.com.
2. Select the New User link at the top right side of the homepage.
3. Select student as the user type.
4. Enter the class ID number, which is 2089162. Also, enter the class enrollment password, which is J27J27. Then click "Next."
5. Enter your e-mail address (one that you use and check regularly).
6. Enter and confirm a password. This is a personal password, not one given to you by the class. It should be 6-12 characters long and include at least one letter and one number. Click "Next" when you have finished.
7. Select a secret question and type in the answer. This will be used to identify you if you lose your password, so choose wisely - don't choose a question with an answer that can change!
8. Create a user profile by entering your first and last names.
9. Select "I agree" after reading the terms and conditions for site use.
10. Read the directions for submitting the paper.
11. Click "end wizard and log in."
Remember, you may only submit your essay once to turnitin.com! Make sure you don't make the same mistake a couple of seniors made by accidentally submitting your rough draft!
Also, make sure you upload all essays in .doc format - use Microsoft Word! If you're using Word 2007, remember to save your final draft in .doc format instead of the default, which is the .docx format, so I can read them. DO NOT UPLOAD A FILE IN ANY OTHER FORMAT - AND DO NOT COPY AND PASTE THE TEXT INTO THE TURNITIN.COM FIELD!