+ The non-annotated version of Dr. King's Letter from Birmingham Jail, as well as the questions I'd like to hit tomorrow; you can also use the annotated version, which contains the same question sheet on its last page. The instructions mention writing; this isn't a Turnitin.com assignment, but I would be grateful if you showed up ready to rock things tomorrow. Whether that preparation consists of paragraphs or bullet points is your call, although I imagine your schedule this week helps determine that as well.
By the way, to those of you wondering why we're all giving finals early: It's partly because we assume - foolishly, I guess - that we're getting out of the way of your other finals, and partly because we're under an extremely tight deadline at this point. I need your makeup work this week, preferably by Wednesday. I do not want to be grading next week; I want to know that all of my seniors are safe.
+ Examined Life Sign-Ups, as well as instructions for the SFHP and Myth/Sci-Fi variants of the assignment. (Same assignment, different narrative introductions/justifications for assigning it.)
+ Notes on The Examined Life:
- You only submit something to Turnitin if your project has a written component.
- You earn extra credit for presenting, but not if you aren't up there; since I don't want y'all leaving other classes to crowd into mine, that means that partners from first, third, and sixth periods who want extra credit will need to claim slots in the relevant periods. This even holds true for the filmed ones. (You'll obviously be graded for the assignment, even if you don't present.)
- Obviously, more than one person can present simultaneously. If this is the case, do what you did for the 1984 Creative Projects (remember those? Good times. Except for that disturbing short film from the Good/Bad Wesley, which I ended up seeing four times that day) and sign up in the same slot.
- If all of the slots fill up on Wednesday, spill onto Thursday. Fill Wednesday first, please.
- While this hasn't happened before, if the slots on both days fill up without your turn arriving, I'm staying after school Thursday for the Senior Awards. I've reserved the Lecture Hall until 5pm that day. You'll get your chance.
- If you aren't present at school on the day you're scheduled to present, you can't present.
If you have any other questions, please post them in the comments. Good luck!