Monday, January 23. 2012
EDIT: Since most of you probably need...oh, I don't know, a working nomination link - 'tis probably a good idea for the instructor to provide you with one, yes?
During the World Around You poster assignment four months ago, I asked you to write a reflection about where you believed you would be in a year. I was less interested in where you thought you’d end up than how you’d get there; I wanted you to start thinking about what the rest of senior year had in store for you.
At that point, if you weren't an old student or athlete of mine, I basically knew nothing about you. I had a collection of names, ID numbers, course histories, and the “Great Expectations” assignment. I had little understanding of what you expected from your remaining time at AHS; I hoped your expectations were higher than “I just want to get through this” or “I heard senior year is easier than junior year.”
Side note: Who keeps telling the juniors this? Is fifth grade easier than fourth? Why would that make any sense?
Anyway, we’ve come a long way since then. I feel like I’ve gotten to know many of you much better, thanks in no small part to your willingness to write honestly and well. (I’m asking you to do that one more time here.)
But I didn’t learn much about you from one part of that particular assignment.
Some of you may remember that the final piece of the project involved a reflection from a point one year into the future. I wanted to know where you'd go, yes, but also how you'd get there.
Most of the submissions were too short, barely sketched, etc. Those that were present tended to focus on what people would be doing after graduation and completely neglected the time between now and then. It seemed like the next nine to twelve months were an abstraction – a stretch of time to spend taking it easy, or, worse, a test to endure or an obstacle to overcome.
The thing to remember about abstractions, however, is how quickly they become realities. Ultimately, “senior year” isn’t a mythical abstraction, just like “college” or “working” isn’t.
It happens to you fast, and when parts of it end, you wonder where they went.
To that end, I wanted to make a bookend assignment to the original reflective piece – to come full circle, so to speak – that would allow you to contemplate the things that you want to do during your whole lifetime.
Try making a list of the things you want to do, see, experience, find, etc., before you die (which is hopefully a long ways away).
It’s not the most original idea in the world – it obviously owes a heavy debt to The Bucket List, a movie I haven’t actually seen – but I think it’s a really interesting and revealing way to close out what’s been an interesting and revealing semester.
While I joke about feeling old, it’s not time for a quarter-life crisis, and I wouldn’t say I’m “rusting out” yet.
As I was first designing the parameters of this assignment, however, I tried reverting back to my 18-year-old mindset in order to make a sample list.
And it was easy. Too easy.
I feel like trying to remember what I wanted to do as a teenager – what I hadn’t done by then – should have been harder. Instead, my “teenaged” list looks disturbingly similar to one that I would have written last Saturday. Very little, it seems, has been crossed off. My life’s not without accomplishments or experiences, but I think my adolescent self would have expected more. (Almost nine years have passed since graduation, and I still haven’t touched a whale!)
What does that say about me (besides the fact that I probably spend a little too much time either working or at work)?
I think I need to heed the advice I routinely give you – to feel a greater sense of urgency and enthusiasm about living. It’s easy to settle into routines, especially for someone who’s actually pretty fond of them (I am me, you are here…), and I don’t think it’s wise to try to avoid routines altogether. Honestly, getting to pick roles for yourself is one of the best aspects of aging.
But a Bucket List helps you evaluate when to sustain a routine and when to temporarily abandon it…and sometimes, that’s the key to keeping life interesting.
After all…you can miss it if you don’t open your eyes.
Your future’s unfolding.
Spread the map. Stick some pins in it. Then celebrate!
You’re seniors, and even if this is where I leave you…the best is yet to come.
Your list design can – should – be creative! Make a list that looks distinctly individual, for this is a fairly personal assignment. (It also needs to be a school-appropriate one – that’s my only restriction. Exercise good judgment here.)
You can categorize the items on your list by any number of factors – age (when do I want to do these things?), by “genre” (travel goal, career goal, family goal, etc.), type (accomplishment, discovery, witness, touch, etc.), or some other organizational criteria.
You can even make it seem like less of a list, if you like. Make it a narrative, make it rhyme, play with the language – it’s your call.
For this thread, as with the other, I do not care about the “length” of your work; I just want it to be a substantial effort, since it’s the last real thing I’m asking from you. That means spending time on it. Don’t do it all in one shot! Work on it in bits and pieces. Talk to your friends about it. Talk to your classmates about it. Talk to your parents about it. Take suggestions. Ruminate. Ponder. Draft it. Be proud of it! Just make sure it means something.
The last two years' threads can be found here and here.
This post is due at 11:59pm on Thursday, January 26th.
As far as reader feedback is concerned, I encourage you to write as much to each other as possible. For some of you, it's your last chance to write on these. Make it count.
Write well, think well, and – as always – good luck.
Display comments as (Linear | Threaded)
My Bucket List:
1. Go Zip Lining
2. Backpack around Europe (more than once)
3. Travel to Japan and eat as much sushi as I am able to consume.
4. Go to a legitimate maid café in Akihabara, Japan
5. Become fluent in French and Japanese
6. Do a really good Cosplay
7. Make a portfolio
8. See the Northern Lights
9. Ride on the fastest roller coaster in the world
10. Go to the Pokémon center in Tokyo
11. Go to Disneyworld
12. Go to the Hello Kitty theme park in Japan
13. Own a Lamborghini Gallardo in green
14. Go to China during Chinese New years
15. Visit New York during new years eve and watch the ball drop
16. Go to Australia
17. Visit my uncle and grandmothers grave
18. Live somewhere secluded
19. Stay in a hotel at Disneyland
20. Make something that I am truly proud of
21. Go skydiving, bungee jumping, snorkeling and Deep Sea diving
22. Learn how to properly surf and snowboard
23. Adopt a dog
24. See the Gorillaz live in concert
25. Take my mom to Disneyland
26. Find love
27. Own a martin guitar and a metallic green electric guitar
28. Become a good enough writer
29. Learn how to dance
30. Re-learn the piano
31. Dye my hair
32. Donate hair and blood
33. Bring my gay best friend to prom
34. Graduate (high school and college)
35. Perform in front of a cheering crowd
36. Learn how to drift
37. Get my license
38. Visit all 7 Continents
39. Meet the president
40. Live to see December 22, 2012
41. Finish this list
We share some similarities in our beliefs and I hope you will accomplish all of them in life.
ohh I forgot to put something about rollercoasters on mine.. !ugh. I LOVE rollercoasters. I guess I'll just add to my list here.
56. Ride the rollercoasters/rides on the stratosphere in Vegas.
I have listed mine in alphabetical order (:
Abandon my bad behavior and grow more mature
Be thorough when making decisions
Become a stronger person internally
Care about my parents’ health
Dare to try new things
Eat healthfully and excitingly
Forgive those who treated me wrong
Go around the world, especially Japan and France with my parents/lover
Having fun while attending the college
Identify my dreams and make it come true
Jump start my Korean lesson
Keep positive attitude in life
Keep a good faith and stay honest to what I love.
Love what I do and who I am
Make everyday counts
Make more friends and keep in touch with them
Never give up playing music
Never say more than I can do
Never lose the passion in trying new things
Optimistic in seeing things around me
Produce unique songs
Question everything and seek for answers
Race to the top
Spend more time with my parents whenever I can
Try to adventurous and explore new ideas
Take opportunities to improve my weaknesses
Treasure every moment while having fun
Understand others in their views
Value my place in this world
Wait for the true love of my life
Xerox fond memories in my mind
Yield prosperity for my children
Zooming in the happiness in life
Reading your bucket list, it seems that you really want to be true to yourself and live a positive life. Anyone who knows what their dream is and makes it come true will love what they do and who they are. It's good for you to strive for your dreams and to be optimistic.
I like how you can put things in order and actually go through from A to Z. Good Job
There is no order just what came to mind first.
Go to Germany
Go to Ireland
Finally get my Dodge Challenger 392 SRT8
Watch a cop get arrested
Get out of a speeding ticket
Retire in Alaska
Get a full bread German Sheppard and Siberian Husky
Go to a Notre Dame football game
Go to the Super bowl
Win big in Las Vegas
Go on a WW2 tour in both Europe and the Pacific Islands
Ask a cop why they enjoy giving tickets
Walk my cat on a leash
See the northern lights
Be in a flash mob
Travel to every continent
Go to Yosemite
Fight against animal cruelty
Tell of my 7th grade math teacher
Own a Mercedes anyone if fine
Convince Mr. Feraco that the Master's thesis we wrote is a form of torture for those who procrastinate
Find out who came up with the word hella or hecka and yell at them
Meet a President
Go to New York and see central park
Get another Philly Cheese steak from Philadelphia
Go to every Ruth's Chris steak house in the nation
Go to the Olympics
Go to the World Cup and see Germany or Ireland win
Meet Denzel Washington
Get the TV series 24 to come back
Fight to have homework outlawed in schools
Go to a UFC title fight
Meet George St. Pierre
See the pyramids in Egypt
Go snowboarding in Europe
Own a Barrett .50cal sniper rifle
Meet a Marine scout sniper
Watch Norv Turner of the SD Chargers get fired
Meet Tom Hanks
Outlaw Tardy Sweeps
Drive a Bugatti Veyron
And finally I would outlaw the use of the term You Mad Bro? and any your mom jokes.
This is hilarious I would also like to see a cop getting arrested. We share some other similarities I hope you achieve most if not all of them.
just curious, how would you fight animal cruelty?
haha, I see a lot of Germany and ireland
Some of your list are quite funny. Wish you can accomplish them. I wonder how the no homework will work out.
Haha funny list. I can just imagine the SWAT team storming someone's house for a "yo mama" joke.
Blog #12 Organized as a check off list
1. Pass feraco’s class
2. Pass second semester with better grades then first semester
4. Go to college
5. Get PhD
6. Get a Good job
7. Get commercial driver license
8. Get flying license
9. Buy a house
10. Buy a truck ,Boat, dune buggies, motorcycles, plane
12. Travel with NHRA Drag races across the United States
13. See the Northern Lights
14. Go to new Orleans
15. Visit Yosemite again
16. Travel to Vegas when 21
17. Eat at Big Bubbas BBQ (up north near Yosemite)
18. Go to Alaska
19. Deep sea fishing
20. Own a yacht small or big
21. Have several business
22. Own a restaurant
23. Explore out of san Gabriel Valley( LA County)
24. Buy property in Oregon
25. Get a project Car
26. Build a Rock Climber ( A jeep on steroids)
27. Own a Monster Truck(even if it’s a hot wheel ah)
28. Buy A RV
29. Pay for a Car, house in Cash
30. pay for parents dream house( retirement home ah jk)
31. Learn French
32. Visit Hawaii
33. Go Crab Fishing in Alaska
34. Build or own Ford Cobra silver with white racing stripes
35. Get Married
36. Have kids
37. Put kids threw college
38. visit Yosemite with kids
39. Be there for people in need
40. Help others
41. Live in friendly neighborhood
42. Be A Grandpa
43. Own river front or lake front house
44. Own a cabin
45. Still stay in touch with friends after graduation
46. Be able to say I have LIVED A GOOD LIFE
47. Expand This list as I age and become wiser way past the number 47
I was gonna put the same 1. as you, but then you did it first xD
and your 33. seems real fun :]
Ah yes I think so to but his class has been a life changing class opened my eyes
Travel to all the historical sites I wish to travel to, and offer flowers the next time I visit the grave of my favorite historical figure.
Strive for the very best at anything and at everything; realize that I humanly cannot, but never cease to struggle.
Invent a list that encompasses all film, book, and video games I finished, should finish, or try.
Learn martial arts for a stronger self, mentally and physically.
Tell my friends and family I love them whenever I can, so that no tears or regrets may come after.
Explore unexplored regions, ruins, temples, tombs, or caves, for adventure, for my father, and for our childhood dreams.
Knuckle down to work to produce art I could proudly present as my own; never miss an opportunity to improve myself in all aspects, including skill.
Communicate with more efficiency by using fewer words in writing and through easily comprehensible art in visual communication.
Use time more efficiently; each moment slips away like a grain of sand in an irreversible hourglass.
Become more creative, inside and outside art.
Yell as loud as I can at a concert of a musician or band I like.
Make a bucket list that, when read from the bottom up, spells "MY BUCKET LIST" with the first letters of each statement.
I really like the way you design your bucket list, it's really creative!
I've never been too great at exploring the creative side of writing, so I'm trying to get myself to work my unused part of my brain. Thanks for your compliment!
That last line blew my mind. Very creative! I like how not only do you give yourself a list of "to-do's", but you have more personal goals that leave room for even more "to-do's." Well thought out.
I didn't really want to limit myself to goals that could be achieved and gone; I wanted them to stay with me to help me grow in some way or another. Thanks for your feedback and for reading - "creative" coming from you is a huge compliment for me!
Lol...I was going to write that but you did it first.
Anyway, I really like your list and I admire that fact that you have such great thoughts.
Let the lists come true. I know you can it!
Oh no! I'm sorry, but I'm kind of glad I posted early, haha.
Thanks, and I hope yours come true too!
WOAHHH. the backward "my bucket list" totally blew my mind away. I hope you will do all of those in your life.
My first thought about your post was that it was unusually short (compared to others), but I read through it and the ending made me feel really stupid; it definitely makes up for being a little shorter than others (not that there's anything wrong with that from the start). I thought it was really creative and you definitely deserve an A.
I was a bit concerned about the length too, and I spent hours staring at my handy notepad eliminating all the things I wanted to add in the list but couldn't fit. But I'm very glad you think it's worth that much. Thanks for reading and thanks again for your compliment!
Bucket list with bullet points
• Graduate collage with an Art degree
• Publish all my stories into books
• Work at Lucas Film
• Meet George Lucas
• Got to Comic Con
• Go to Disney World again.
• Design a video game
• Learn how to skate board
• Learn how to ride a motorcycle
• Floor the gas pedal of my car and not worry about crashing or getting arrested
• Go to a Rave that plays music I like and bring lots of glow sticks
• Learn how to snipe people
• Own paintball guns (preferably with at least one with a scope)
• Learn how to snowboard (properly)
• Go to a different country (NEVER EVER BEEN OUT OF THE US!)
• Create my master piece that I am satisfied in every possible way with
• Go dune boarding
• Go crazy in one of those inflatable jumping things you order for little kid birthday parties
• Do a Banksy and see an actual Banksy artwork piece (If you don’t know Banksy, go look him up, he’s a genius)
• Find the love of my life, get married, and live happily ever after with a couple of kids. Both boys and girls.
• Actually see stars without city light pollution.
• Experience weightlessness
• Fly a jet
• Fly a P-51 Mustang
• Break the sound barrier
• Win an art contest
• Go to Denmark
• Go to England and visit Sherwood Forest
• Go to Scotland
• Travel to Japan and visit Shinto shrines
• Go back to Hawaii
• Go to an In-N-Out at midnight or later and people watch
• Add to this list
Two things. Yes, I've never been outside the US of A and Banksy is an (in)famous British street artist that goes around the world inspiring ironic humor with his art. Look him up, he's awesome and don't deny it.
Banksy's name caught my eye. Brilliant artist, and always an inspiration.
I really, really hope you get to meet George Lucas, and the best of luck to you to your career (I have similar goals in the field too, so)! If you get to visit Shinto shrines, I recommend the Itsukushima Shrine, if you already haven't added that to your visit-list. Beautiful thing.
OH, Banksy! His work was on display at the Geffen when I went this summer! awesome!!
I sincerely hope you get to meet George Lucas and work at Lucas Film one day, because that would be amazing. And YES, weightlessness! I definitely need to add that to my list.
1. Walk on the great wall of China
2. See the real Falling tower Pisa of France
3. Go to Venice, the water city
4. meet the Pope
5. Be the the AHS principal one day, and
6. be the boss of Mr. Feraco
7. meet the US president
8. Solve a rubic cube
9.Travel to Rome, and see the famous Colosseum
10. See the amazing Yellow river of China
11. Visit the Great Barrier Reefof Australia, underwater and see the wonderful coral
12.visit the Forbidden city of China
13.Ski on the Mount Everest
14.Visit the Eiffel Tower
15.Float on the dead sea
16.watch a concert in Sydney Opera House
17.Take over 200 pictures of me with the Iguazu Falls
18. Outlaw homework in College
19.pet and feed a dolphin
20.have several architecture business
21.Try the world's biggest pizza
22.Dance in a flash mob
23. Be a Billionaire
24. Experience one day of being a beggar
25. meet Queen Elizabeth
26. Go to the moon, and visit aliens
27. Witness the existence of heaven and hell
28. Then, visit the famous God and angels
29.Witness the born of the "never die" pill
30. invent a homework machine, if homework is still not yet outlawed
31. Get a Ferrari
32. help the poor by being the boss of McDonald and give out free Big Macs
33. Save a child life
34. Open a fried chicken store in Korean town, and
35. name it Korean Fried Chick (KFC)
36. Travel to Africa
37. Try hunting
38. Walk across the Sahara Dessert
39. Ride a camel
40. Ride on an elephant
41. establish a worlds no books and newspaper day
42. establish a law of no school before 10AM!
43. Gamble in Las Vegas when i'm 25
44. swim in the water cube of china
45. Watch an Olympic game
I agree with number 42 lol. It's so hard for me to wake up early
No real order just kinda what I thought up of when it came to me.
1. See the Northern Lights
2. Fight off my depression
3. Visit Germany
4. Travel the United States
5. Visit historical museums world wide
6. Visit Canada
7. Meet a President
8. Visit Ireland
9. Learn to Waltz
10. Eradication of the "that's what she said" and "your mom" jokes, I probably wont be able to do it, but I hope it gets done
11. Be a positive influence on someone's life
12. Tell my friend how I feel about her
13. Learn an instrument
14. Visit the pyramids of Egypt
15. Conquer my fear of heights
16. Learn to sing well
17. See a polar bear
18. See a duck billed platypus
19. Learn to express my feelings
20. Find a lasting love
21. Watch the sunrise and set
22. Go scuba diving
23. Learn cursive
24. Go to a hospital when I need to and not flip out
25. Learn to cook
26. Learn Japanese
27. Learn Italian
28. Learn how to talk to someone I like
29. Learn sign language
30. Own a garden
31. Read Twilight to see what the big deal is
32. Yell at the person who romanticized vampires due to it being a stupid idea
33. Finish a Wheres Waldo Book
34. Stop procrastinating
35. Get over my fear of horses
36. Read the entire books of Catcher in the Rye and Great Gatsby to see why they are so popular
37. Have kids
38. See the Great Wall
39. Visit Greece if it survives
40. Never get in a bar fight
41. Try new things
42. Observe wild life
43. Excel in something
44. Learn to knit
45. Learn how to draw well
46. Watch a scary movie without a blanket or something of that nature to cover my head with
47. Learn to snap my fingers
48. Scream at the person who started the December 21 2012 thing
49. Scream at the guy who came up with MLA
50. Learn to rid a bike
51. Be ambidextrous
52. Have a good life
53. Have no regrets
Don't read twilight before you do on all the things on your list, for your brain will turn to a strange gelatin mass.....unless you're a male twighlight fan. backs up slowly
BTW The people that made up the whole end of the world in december where the Incans, can I go with you so I can scream too?
Well reading Twilight is mostly just to see what the big deal is, knowing me I probably wouldn't be able to read the entire thing. A friend who has similar interests as me said he stepped reading after about I believe he said five or six pages so I may do that. Or do what I do with books I'm supposed to read for school that I don't find interesting, read a couple of chapters then read the last four or five.
As for the 2012 thing yah you can come along, company is always nice.
WATCH A SUNRISE!!! I woke up around 4:45AM one day on vacation at Big Bear Lake to take photos of one. One of the most beautiful moments in my life. I would so do it again. Totally worth it.
Sunrise is on the list, I just need to find a better place to watch it then a city probably so I could get a clearer view of it. Maybe go up on a hike or something in the mountains, probably will get a nicer view.
Sunrises can look great in the city too. But yah, definitely go for it! And maybe you can somehow let me know when you do...
good luck with 46! i know i would never be able to do that hahhaa. the great wall was a fun experience, i went this winter break. though it was freezing cold and the walk up the great wall was painful it was fun!
Yes 46 will be hard, I was a easily scared child, I had a blanket when I watched Scooby Doo when I was little, never really got over that. The Great Wall my friend always wanted to go there as do I so maybe one day he will be nice enough to take me there. Probably should learn some Chinese though, might be a good idea.
Dang you have to learn how to ride a bike. I can't imagine life without bikes.
I have never owned a bike so I have never gained that skill to ride one. I do wish to learn because, well it is a faster way of transportation and generally I love to learn things so why not learn.
I arranged my bucket list into several categories, then alphabetized the categories. The actual items within the categories are listed in no particular order.
- Attend World Youth Day
- Attend an Olympic match
- Attend a World Cup match
- Attend a film festival
- Attend and make my own costume for Comic-Con
- Attend the midnight premiere of a movie
- Attend a live taping of a TV show
- Get married
- Have children of my own
- Adopt a child
- Go on a trip with all of my cousins, aunts, and uncles from my mother’s side
- Celebrate my children's birthdays at Disneyland
- Own a dog named Chewbacca
- Have all-day movie marathons of the following:
--- Disney movies
--- Star Wars movies
--- Marx Brothers movies
--- Alfred Hitchcock movies
- Be an extra in a movie
- Watch all 100 movies on AFI’s Top 100 Movies list
- Own an old-fashioned rotary phone and/or candlestick phone
- Own a harp
- Make someone laugh so hard they cry
Skills, Talents, and Activities
- Learn how to tap dance
- Learn how to play Beatles songs on the guitar
- Go scuba diving
- Swim with sharks
- Go skiing in the Alps
- Learn archery without injuring anyone, including myself
- Become fluent in Spanish
- Learn how to play a song on the piano like Chico Marx
- Re-learn how to whistle
- Sing (and dance) in the rain
- Go on a Disney cruise
- Go on an Alaskan cruise
- Go backpacking across Europe with friends
- Visit Disneyland Tokyo
- Visit Disneyland Paris
- Visit Jerusalem
- Visit Australia
- Visit Vatican City, without a tour group
- Visit Scotland
- Visit Ireland
- Visit Wales
- Visit Spain
- Visit Brazil
- Visit Canada
- Visit New Zealand
- Visit Burma
- Visit Germany
- Visit the Caribbean
- Visit Liverpool
- Visit Guadalajara
You're stuff is pretty cool! I forgot to add movie and tv show marathons to mine...*pouty face*
How about you just say, "Travel around the world"? I think it would be a bit more neat in the travel section
Aw, thanks! About the traveling thing, yeah, I realized partway through making this that I had a massive list of places I want to travel to, but I didn't just want to say "travel around the world" because it seemed too broad.
I actually like how you listed all the places you want to visit. As for me, I also like to travel. I find it enjoyable and fun to just get away and be able to experience new things with family and friends.
OH MY GOSH DISNEY MARATHON, YESSSS.
oh yeah, i always wanted to be an extra in a movie too, haha.
I like the way that how you list in different categories and I hope you will succeed in accomplishing all of them one day.
I love your category of travel the most because I love to travel around the world.
Construct an adult sized tree house
Enjoy a trip to Hong Kong and not get food poisoning like last time
Go on a random treasure hunt on a beach
Hang a hammock between two big trees in my backyard
See Jhameel (singer) perform live
Snorkel in Hawaii or around a shipwreck
Bungee jump in South Korea
Swim with a dolphin
Swim with a whale shark
Swim with a shark
Travel to all seven continents
Participate in a running marathon
Attempt to snowboard, ski, surf, and ice skate
Visit Pompeii, Italy
Be in two states at once
Be an extra in a Hollywood movie
Take up gun lessons (Just for the heck of it.)
Make the perfect margherita pizza (I’m obsessed with this type)
Have shelves full of Kodak Moment Albums
Learn how to play the guitar proficiently
Grow a glorious garden of fruits and veggies
Visit some “Wonders of the World”
Create a 20-30 foot tall sculpture/painting
Go stargazing in the middle of the Pacific
Continue writing letters (will they have post offices in the future?)
Win a contest of any sort (I just want to win)
Visit a really cool looking European castle
Go to every single Disneyland in the world
Start and finish a journal or journals
Go fishing at dawn
Experience zero gravity or weightlessness at least
Attend Comic Con.
Solve a Rubik’s Cube without cheating
Go to a candy company and see how sweets are made
Get close-up seats to the Rose Parade
Do something completely out of character
Design and sew together a wearable outfit
See the Northern Lights in person
Interview strangers about their life and create a video with all the footage
Watch both Summer and Winter Olympics in person
Meet Apolo Ohno and J.R. Celski
Create a mini-city made entirely of LEGOs
Find that one book I read in Fourth Grade and read it again
Climb a mountain
Build a piece of furniture
See and enjoy a silent film
Ah, there’s so much more I can add to this list…
oh man i want to watch a silent film and enjoy it too! hahaha i really enjoyed reading your bucket list, you came up with so many interesting ones that I wish I thought of, be an extra in a hollywood movie, build my own furniture, make glass all very interesting
I want to meet J.R. Celski too. That would be cool and go to all the Disneylands too. I like your list, you listed alot of interesting things that I didn't think of.
Ours is so similar! well this one part, at least. I feel like we're related..... (a lot of our posts are similar )
very interesting list!!
You are right! there are so much more to add on my list too
I would LOVE to construct an adult-sized tree house! I don't have any great big trees in my backyard, so I could never have one as a kid. It's great that you're into silent films! You might know this already, but there's a movie that came out a couple months ago, The Artist, that's a black and white silent film. I just watched it today and it's really quite good, if you're interested in seeing a "modern" silent film.
✿ Own a yacht (I really wanted a yacht ever since I read that yacht magazine)
✿ Go to Japan
✿ Go to Ireland
✿ Go to Italy
✿ Go to Greece
✿ Go fishing
✿ Go to Comic Con
✿ Be best friends with a marine biologist so I can learn more about marine biology without having to study it so hard (and go on boat trips with them or whatever they do)
✿ See a The Hush Sound concert
✿ And a Gorillaz concert
✿ Own more anime figures (because I like to waste money just kidding totally not a waste)
✿ Go to a masquerade dance
✿ To buy that peacock outfit on etsy
✿ And those rAdIcAl rings also sold on etsy
✿ I also would like that raven chandelier also sold on etsy
✿ Own a Victorian style dress
✿ and a steampunk style dress
✿ Have a pet owl and another duck that won't get eaten this time
✿ Kick a bucket the second before I die that would be fun
That's all I can think of at the moment. (◑‿◐)
I can tell from your posting where you like to travel and I hope one day you will discover the beauty of different countries with the special people in your life.
Ooh I like the marine bio idea..clever. Btw i think you'd look rad in a victorian dress
I would love to have a yacht if I wasn't so seasick but I would love to feel like a celebrity
See the Northern lights
Clear 10 feet in pole vault
See the waterfall in the Grand Canyon
See Niagara Falls
Travel to London
Watch an Olympics in person
Snowboard in Mammoth
Own a log cabin in the woods
Be alive through the discovery of Bigfoot
Get a tattoo
Fly a plane
Hike to the top of a mountain and touch a cloud
Visit Carlsbad Caverns
Own a beach house
Swim with dolphins
Own a chinchilla
Be in a sky dive machine
Have a family
Have my dream wedding
Go on a cruise again
Own a star
I got stuck for the first 5 minutes then I decided to categorize it by age and went crazy from there. There's so much more I want to accomplish but I guess this is more than enough for you guys to read
Before the age of 25
- Become a billionaire….just kidding
- Be done with college
- Go to Med School…if nursing is still what I want to pursue or Grad School
- Working at a hospital…if nursing is still what I want to pursue
- Own my first car
- Study abroad
- Take my brothers to watch a NBA game
- Watch an Arsenal game with my older brother…live
- Watch the sun set by the beach
- Hopefully see my older brother get married by then
- Be a bride’s maid at least once
- Go to NYC with my best friend
- Have a wall full of Nikes and Jordans
- Watch my brother score a buzzer beater and beat CV at a basketball game before the age of 20
- Shop at DASH
- Make fetch happen
- Hike up to the Hollywood sign and watch the sunset
- Be tumblr famous…just kidding!
- Own a Disneyland annual pass!!!!
- Fall asleep under the stars next to the person I love
- Take my brother on a college road trip and visit all the schools on California that he wants to go before the age of 20
- Drag my little brother to go skydiving with me
- Go to a Bulls home game
- Finish learning how to play the guitar and piano
- Be able to cream my brother in a basketball game
- Compete with the best dance crew
- Win a race at GMR…preferably against Brandon Troung.
Before the age of 35
- Married with 1 or 2 kids before I’m 30…maybe on my third before I’m 35J
- ROAD TRIP WITH THE WHOLE FAMBAM….destination TBA
- Hopefully see my little brother get married with kid(s) before I’m 30
- Have my New Years kiss at Time Square with my hubby
- Find my dream job and do what I love
- Start my own family traditions: Friday night game nights, road trip to idk where every year, Parent appreciation day once a month?(:
- Fight a kangaroo in Aussie
- Own an S5 or r8
- Go on a shopping spree in either NYC or Paris
- Be the coolest mom on the block
- Watch or try drag racing
- Be able to treat my parents to anything on the menu at their favorite restaurants…Ruth Chris and Lowry X.X
- Take my parents on vacation
- Go see a Bruins VS. Trojans game
- Have already gone to Disney world and hopefully with my family
- Be able to cook as well as Luther Chen by now
- Stay up all night and go on an adventure all over LA with my hubby
- Camp out in front of Best Buy for Black Friday
- Get my kids a Disneyland Annual pass
Before the Age of 45
- Own a Tiffany necklace or ring
- Backpack around my Euro
- Be at 4 or 3 states at once
- Saved someone’s life
- Go treasure hunting and find something valuable
- See my little brother with the 7 kids he talked about wanting…
- Figure out the magic trick my older brother showed me when I was 8
- Sleepover in an igloo in Alaska
- Own my first beach house or vacation house somewhere awesome
- Find a ’67 chevy impala and fix it up with my hubby
- Take my family to go swimming with manta rays
- Have a closet fill with Chanel, Prada, Gucci, Salvatore ferragamo or expensive heels in general
Before the Age of 55
-Have all my kids graduate high school by now
-Send my kids off to college and not cry
- Go on a month long with my hubby and explore the world together
- Plan my parents the best 50th anniversary ever
- Walk through Platform 9 3/4
- Create a secret family recipe and pass it down to my kids
- Go stargazing on a nice beautiful night with my hubby
- Have already been to a Super Bowl, NBA final, World Series, and a World Cup game.
- Watch my kids grow up and not hold them back
- To have lived and enjoyed the life I've lived so far with no regret.
I printed a copy for myself as a reminder of what I want to accomplish in life. I'm going to keep this and cross it off one by one.
Hopefully I will be able to email you before I turn 25 to tell you I was able to cross off the first 24 on that list. Thanks for an amazing semester Mr. Feraco but I can assure you this won't be the last time you'll hear from me
I really loved "Fight a kangaroo in Aussie". can kangaroos even fight? If so, that would be scary
Haha i love your "Sleepover in an igloo in Alaska." Good luck with that one!
I just about died of laughter at "Win a race at GMR…preferably against Brandon Troung." (Truong!)
You have so many crazy things you want to do. You must think about this often! Hopefully you get to do all of it... (good luck with beating Brandon in a race though).
And hopefully by tomorrow night, you can cross "Watch the sun set by the beach (with my favorite person Jessica)" off the list. Heh just kidding, about the me part.
Fun list to read!
I laughed when I read "be able to cook as well as Luther." Well thought out list! Looks like you and your hubby will have lots to do.
I like your list, especially the treasure hunting part and the closet part. I think most females want a closet with Chanels and Pradas.
Pet an Orangutan
Catch a foul ball at a baseball game
Be picked to shoot the half-court shot at a Lakers game.
Raise a pig.
Act in a play.
Dive into a pool of pudding.
Grow a mustache.
Joust with a knight.
Live a day in the life of Ke$ha.
Swim with dolphins.
Attend the Olympic Games.
Watch the sunset.
Move to Korea.
Meet the President of the United States.
See the Northern Lights.
Stand on top of the Eiffel Tower.
Travel around the world.
Visit Central Park in New York in the winter.
Go to the NBA All Star Game.
Sit Courtside at a Lakers game.
See Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr. fight.
Question how are you going to live a day in the life of Ke$ha? lol Great list =3 very creative
move to Korea?
what...inspired by Andrew? LOL... i'm gonna go tell him.
cool list...tho u'll never c this comment.
1. Skydive (Almost done (I did fake skydiving).)
2. Scuba dive, again, without an instructor
3. Snowboard (Done.)
4. Rock Climb, for real, on the mountain
5. Get baptized (Done.)
6. Swim with sharks
7. Swim with dolphins
9. Finish a marathon and/or triathalon
10. Bike from home to Huntington Beach
11. Travel the world.
12. Go back-packing across Europe, and also in Australia.
13. Go to Hawaii, mountains, volcanoes, and rainforests, and beaches, of course. And experience nature/wildlife for real.
14. Join a bike gang/crew
15. Join a dance crew
16. Join a band
17. Join the military
18. Learn saxophone
20. Go whitewater rafting
21. Go Go-kart racing
22. Party at a rave.
23. Visit the Neon Museum.
24. Own a Tron-like Audi, my dream car (pref hybrid)
25. Drive a motorcycle
26. Go ice skating again
27. ^ Re-learn my ice skating tricks, like I did when I was pro (or at least pretend to).
28. B-boy on ice.
29. Go off-roading (both biking and driving)
30. Walk on my hands.
31. Visit Great Neck, New York, my hometown
32. Visit Singapore, my birthplace (never got to “see” it “consciously” b/c wasn’t old enough)
33. Watch a movie at a drive-in theater
34. Process/develop my lomo film
35. Get a tattoo
36. Get over my stupid habit of biting my nails.
37. Drift/race, like in Fast and Furious
38. Drift on a bike
39. Watch a meteor shower with a lover
40. Buy my parents a house
41. Ride a Lightcycle in the Grid (Tron: Legacy) (just kidding)
42. Meet Sam Flynn (kidding, again, kind of)
43. Invent a Tron bike (or just stick neon lights on a bike) and ride it around at night.
44. Make street art with my friend Alwyner.
45. See the Aurora Borealis.
46. Invent something that helps our lives as well as the environment’s
47. Make my pets rabbit and turtle race.
48. Have a Disney marathon.
49. Have a blood child and adopt one.
50. Become a [semi-]pro snowboarder together with my kid.
51. Be a missionary.
52. Feed the poor in a third-world country (World Vision?)
53. Speak fluently in Spanish
54. Speak fluently in Sign Language.
55. Read/finish the whole Bible.
This is all I got so far. I will definitely add more as I get older. I really plan to do all these things, and mostly when I’m still young.
“Time flies, Life sucks, Move on,” is a motto I made up. But Carpe Diem, while you’re at it.
Yay for Tron! I like how you have a mixture of fun, practical, random, and selfless dreams. I strongly encourage you to complete 55.
I like your motto. Truth right there. Yes, Carpe Diem indeed.
-Build a snowman
-Buy a dog
-Countdown to New Years at New York Times Square
-Fall in love
-Go to a B2st concert
-Go to a Big Bang concert
-Go to all 50 states
-Go horseback riding
-Go to South Korea with my best friend
-Go whale watching
-Graduate high school and college
-Have a road trip across the country with my friends
-Have a romantic dinner in Paris
-Have children of my own
-Hold a koala bear
-Jump into a huge pile of leaves
-Keep adding to this list
-Lie down in a grassy plain
-Live next to a beach
-Look at the cherry blossoms in Japan
-Meet Infinite ∞
-Play in a tree house
-Ride in a hot air balloon
-Ride in a helicopter
-Scream at the top of a mountain and hear my echo
-See a Broadway show
-Send a message in a bottle
-Sleep under the stars
-Swim with dolphins (again)
-Take a cooking class
-Throw a huge party
Yeah! That was what I was thinking. We should go on one together along with people from our lunch table. ~
Art (obviously a big part of my life):
Create an HDR panorama photo
Have my art inspire a movie, or even better...
Have my art in a movie
Have a comic book published
Have a photo or drawing be featured in a magazine or newspaper
Take photos in another state, or even better...
Take photos in another country, or even better...
Take photos in another continent
Take photos of the Aurora Borealis (It seems a lot of people want to see this. We should create a Feraco Northern Lights Travel Group or something...)
Take photos underwater
Take photos of city lights at night
Take a photo of car lights in the middle of a freeway (probably on a bridge; not literally in the middle of a freeway)
Take photos in the rain
Win a photo or drawing contest
Attend a Christian rock concert
Hear Hans Zimmer, John Powell, and/or John Williams live
Learn the bass guitar
Learn the drums
Make a music video (another one if you count my Modern Myth a music video...)
Play in a band
Become a faithful husband and father
Grow in my relationship with God
Help someone in a way that only I could have helped
Keep in contact with certain people throughout adulthood
Attend a big Christian conference
Be part of a flash mob
Hold an authentic samurai sword
Make a snow fort
Make a clothing brand
Meet a someone who knows ninjitsu
See a triple rainbow
Visit New Zealand and Australia, to name a couple
Wear a Tron outfit that really lights up
You cant hear Hans Zimmer play, because he isn't the orchestra lol, but I would love to meet him. He is one of the best soundtrack producers in the world.
Technically, he has played live; he played piano for a set of Inception tracks. (It's on Youtube.) If I could hear the orchestra play Inception songs live... wow. And the other two are also composers with movie soundtracks I like (How to Train Your Dragon, Kung Fu Panda 2, Star Wars, etc).
If you don't believe me or if you want to join me in listening in amazement. (Caution: youtube link.)
I like how you wrote yours and made it easy to read by seperating them into different groups.
1. Run on water and swim through land
2. Defy gravity and lie on top of a cloud.
3. Hit a million views on Youtube
4. Make a better version of Microsoft Word because it’s giving me problems right now
5. Go hang gliding
6. Join a UGC Highlander match in Team Fortress 2
7. Make a feature film
8. Build the world’s fastest super-computer that will be sold to the military for millions.
9. Live long enough to see my kids get married
10. Fly around the world twice without stopping.
11. Visit the Pyramids in Egypt.
12. Find the last golden toad of Monteverde even though it has been declared extinct
13. Buy a mansion and a Rolls Royce
14. Buy a Generation III Night Vision set
15. Own a FV432 Armored Personnel Carrier and drive it through the streets of Arcadia.
16. Travel to Europe
17. Walk on the Antarctic ice and ride a Polar Bear.
18. Fire all .50 BMG guns Rambo-style
19. Own a Airsoft rifle and play in a military simulation game.
20. Visit Outer space and walk on the moon
21. watch a supernova through a telescope
22. Own an Infrared goggle
23. Create an iPad-killer
24. Magically survive falling into a volcano so I can see in first person how it looks like in there
25. Make a better version of Microsoft Word because it’s giving me problems right now
26. Save a city from a nuclear meltdown.
27. create a lightsaber
28. Control weather like you would to a house
29. Out-sell Microsoft and Apple.
30. Drink all of the water on the world
I like your last one! Good luck with drinking all the water in the world(unless you're Spongebob Squarepants in disguise)
I thought you will say something about making video but I guess I am wrong, and what do you mean drink all the water of the world?
You have some interesting thoughts. Wish you can fulfill them, except maybe the last one. Leave some for the rest of us.
Fly an airplane
Go to a legitimate Pokemon tournament and battle with my friend, Joe Dexter
Visit New Zealand and go to Hobbiton(where Lord of the Rings was filmed)
Visit Finland and meet the Dudesons
Visit Pennsylvania and crash a party at Castle Bam
Adopt a penguin
Adopt a "bully breed" (Pitbull, Doberman, Mastiff, Boxer, Shepherd, etc)
Finish the script I'm currently working on
Own a 1968 Chevy Camaro SS (Yellow, please!)
Obtain autographs from every cast member of Inglorious Basterds, including Quentin Tarantino(One down!)
Have a pet pig
Meet the cast of Jackass
Do a "shopping cart"( For those who don't know, that's when you sit in a shopping cart and someone pushes you full-speed into a curb)
Sell merch on the Vans Warped Tour
Star in (another) horror movie
Give Ennio Morricone a hug for composing the best music ever on a soundtrack (Inglorious Basterds!)
Work for Universal Studios Halloween Horror Nights
Go to Santa Cruz, where The Lost Boys was filmed.
Go on tour with Blood on the Dance Floor
Play baseball with Eli Roth
Watch the Anaheim Angels win the World Series
Watch the Pittsberg Penguins win the Stanley Cup
Protest with Peta
Get a tattoo
Run a dog grooming salon
Write a horror movie that makes you afraid to go outside in the daytime
Go to Comic-Con and dress up (Preferably from Shawn of the Dead!)
Go on a cross-country road trip with my best friends
Watch a hockey game in Canada, and cheer if they lose
Scream as loud as I can on top of a mountain
See Billy Idol in concert
Go to Ruisrock in Finland
See HIM and the 69 Eyes in concert
Watch every movie in my "Horror Movie Book"
Go see The Rocky Horror Picture Show
Read Kurt Cobain's Journal
See the Red Hot Chili Peppers live in concert(WHICH I'M DOING THIS AUGUST!!!)
Tell off my Pre-Algebra teacher for never helping me in class
Party on Bourbon Street for Mardi Gras!
Go to Skate-Topia
Go to the Sherlock Holmes museum at 221b Baker Street
Work at the Ren. Faire
Own a copy of "Prose and Poems" by William Control
Meet Johnny Depp
See Skrillex live
Meet Tim Burton
Meet the cast of Freaks and Geeks and thank them for defining my childhood.
Go to the Museum of Death in Hollywood
Eat at the same restaruent as Harvey Levin from TMZ (I know where it is...just not the name!)
Pet a platypus
Go to a haunted house in London (the "monsters" are actually allowed to touch you...creepy)
Camp out on Black Friday
Go to a rave just for the music
Live in an apartment above a store
Meet Billie Joe Armstrong of Green Day
Spend the night in an igloo
Live either in Orange County, Santa Cruz, or (my hometown) Hollywood
Dance to "Across the Universe" at my wedding
Forgot to add one:
Find the really nice homeless man I met on a subway who told me I looked like a zebra and tell him that it really made my day
Not only do I want to pet a platypus, I want to own one. I also want to participate in a Pokemon contest. Let's hope we both get to do those things someday.
I also want to live in an igloo. The best part is building it. x]
What I have at this point in my life:
Leave nothing unsaid before I lose my family.
Feel good about my fathering abilities.
Play shows more often
Release a split album with a band I look up to
Look out in to a crowd and see someone singing along to a song I wrote.
Release a cohesive album.
-Where and How to Live (Not just visit):
San Francisco, California
New York, New York
Live with my friends.
Live with a stranger
Live debt free.
-Things and Places to See (all in good company)
24-hour day in Alaska.
Tag a building
Throw away everything I don't need.
Learn to cook.
Split a subway sandwich with a homeless person. Hear what they have to say.
Super glue quarters to the sidewalk. Set up a video camera.
Take in a stray dog.
When I'm Old:
Be a cooky old man who says "whipper-snapper" and stuff like that.
Talk to people on public transportation about my "secret spy years."
Still ride the shopping cart back to my car at the grocery store.
Pose as a blind man: Get a dog, wear sunglasses and walk in to traffic. (Cautiously of course)
Carry around a dead fish for no apparent reason. Look at anyone who asks me about it like they're crazy.
Whisper to people "It's yum-yum time." (About a year ago I went to eat sushi with my friends and a random guy, thinking I was his brother said the same to me. It was awesome.)
Die with little to no regrets.
^Document it all through photos^
Never stop adding to this list.
I love your list, especially the "When I'm old" section - I would be overjoyed to find out what happened when you do all these things (especially the "yum-yum time' one. I can't even imagine...).
But more than anything else, I admire your "Die with little or no regrets" - I should have put that too in my list. I know other people have similar things too, but because your previous points were hilarious, your words seem to have so much weight.
I really hope you get to fulfill all of them & more that you'd add later on!
My Bucket List:
1.Step foot on at least six more countries.
2.Go to watch a Broadway Show
3.Seek an official rehabilitation of those involved with the bloody crackdown on Tiananmen Square in 1989
4.Demolish of China continues to be a one party dictatorship of the Chinese Communist Party.
5.To fly like birds in the sky.
6.To live happily ever after with my loved ones.
7.To be one of the members of the Academy Awards of Judges.
8.To shoot to dead Osama bin Laden with my own machine gun.
9.To love and to be loved.
10.To be the principle of Arcadia High school where Mr. V. is my assistant.
11.To invent a special cure-all to cure every HIV patients.
12.To fly in a time machines and back in the Jurassic Era.
13.To become a greatest magician on earth and, outer space.
14.My brain can be embedded with a super integrated circuits and runs like an ionic man.
15.A mix of American Captain, Spiderman, Iron Man and Wonder Woman.
16.I wish to know if Barack Obama can lead the US out from economic crises.
17.I wish I can have a “Dream” speech like as MLK.
18.Go to the same college as my girlfriend
19.Have a tiny lie detector to know if people are telling me the truth.
20.A pair of compound eyes likes flies to see people with different faces.
21.Own an Artificial Intelligence Robot servant to do the homework for me.
22.I wish I could go back to the year when I was born.
23.Work for Bill Gates
24.See the first Asian US president
25.To celebrate on Dec 22, 2012
26.Watch an Olympic Game live
27.Walk to the top of the Great Wal
28.Watch the NBA final live
29.Shake hands with Kobe and Lebron
30.Have at least 2 kids
31.Learn at least one more language
32.Know Spanish fluently
33.Finish this before it’s due
34.Get a good grade in next semester’s Eng
My Bucket List
1.Travel around the world (the seven wonders of the world especially))
2.Advanced my dancing skills and become a dancer if possible
3.Make a wedding dress for my sister
4.Learn four languages: Mandarin, Chinese, Japanese, and Spanish
5.Have a taste of cuisines from all over the world
6.Ride on a hot balloon
7.Do bungy jumping
8.Take pictures of sunrise every time I travel to different places
9.Get as many professional certificates and licenses as possible
10.Own a bar and a coffee shop
11.Be who I desire to be
12.Build up my ideal personality
13.Held an art exhibition of my own
14.Buy a car using money I earned
15.Design my own house
18.Volunteer at the association of stray dogs and establish a foundation for stray dogs later on
19.Write a book about what I have learned from life
20.Learn to beat a drum
21.Build up a blog, recording all the sensation in life through my photos and words
22.Swim in all the waterfalls of the world
25.Get a good diploma of my master degree
26.Make sure the happiness of who I love
27.Dare to make a love confession to someone
28.Be happy or at least put on a smile
29.Keep up with my loved ones
30.Call my parents three times a week
31.Read as many books as possible
32.Update myself with latest financial news
33.Learn how to make different cocktails and coffee
34.Write a song
35.Design at least an outfit of my own
37.Learn Zheng( a Chinese instrument)
38.Remove my bad habits
39.Learn to dive
40.Make innovations in my career
41.Race a car
42.Buy a Harley motorcycle
43.Highlight my hair red
44.Have a dog
45.Dare to fight for love for once
46.Wake up with sunshine through my window everyday
47.Have fantastic make-up skills
48.Get a tattoo
49.Travel somewhere by myself annually
50.Live, Eat, Dance, Laugh, and Love
Yay for the Piano. Good luck with that and everything else on your list!
Learn Wing Chun
Learn to cook
Learn to ski
Learn to skateboard
Learn to do magic tricks
Learn to shoot a gun
Learn Japanese and Korean
Learn to float in water
Learn to use a sword and a spear
Own a Husky
Own a cat
Own a sword
Visit Japan, Korea, Hawaii
Visit Baker Street
Travel around the world to eat different food
Spend a day shopping and see how much things I would buy
Get A in English at least one more time
Get a game console
Attend a music concert, orchestra concert, magic show
See my old friends again
See snow one more time
Go rock climbing
Play a game of golf
Spend a Chinese New Year at my hometown again
Travel on a boat
Read at least one book per two month
Earn money so I support the family
Take my family to a vacation
Lie in sleeping bag, outside in the open field, looking at the sky full of stars and fall asleep watching it
Find the quietest place in the world
See both sunrise and sunset in preferably on a mountain in the cold
Live a life without worries
Live a life in happiness
Some additional ones
be number one at something
find a way to stop my dad's temper
help my dad talk with a normal voice when he is angry or teaching
Solve a mystery
spend a day away from any human being
take pictures and films
try and maintain a good relationship with my family, especially my dad
have more than 200 favorite songs and have it gradually increase
help my friend or family do something fun
improve drawing skills
improve violin skills
see at least one movie per month
sleep a full night in a car
walk behind a waterfall
be more hard working and have less procrastinations
Be fluent in more than one language
Be in a commercial
Bungee jumping, sky diving, and grass sliding
Buy a house at Hawaii
Climb Mountain Everest
Donate money to charity
Dye my hair
Finish the Divine Comedy one day
Found the one during college
Get straight As in college
Go to Spain and watch Bull Run
Never drink alcohol
Own a BMW M3
Raise my kids in Arcadia
Save a person’s life
Send postcard to family from everywhere I have been
Snowboarding in T-shirt and shorts
Spend New Year Eve at NYC and watch the ball drop
Spend quality time with family
Swim with dolphins
Watch meteor shower
Watch Star Wars series with my kids
Work on the future Iphone
Writing down everything interesting I did in a journal and pass it down to my kids
Do everything on this Bucket list
Bungee jumping - actually no, too scared
Make a hole-in-one
Scuba dive, second time - though i hate water terribly
Learn how to surf
PLACE TO GO
Statue of liberty
Northern place to watch northern lights
Things to do
Sleep under the stars
Write a short story
Actually ace a final
Do an eat/move/learn video
Start a food fight
Build a giant castle that is taller than me
Send a message in a bottle
Hot air balloon
Things to learn
Speak fluent Spanish and actually use it (in progress)
Learn how to draw
Learn how to do formal dances
Learn how to fly a plane
Design a game
Race a car in city without getting injured
Learn how to race
Own a water bike - still hate water
COLLECT + HAVE
Own a nice camera (undecided due to fund now)
have a photo-wall
Collect photos through out the world
Taken photo of sunrise from different places (geological wise)
Help by volunteering around the world
Watch the world not end on December 2012
Appreciate with actions
Dance in rain
Don't forget to sing while dancing in the rain! (Of course, Gene Kelly's "Singing in the Rain".)
Best of luck to all of the things in your list!
I like how you categorized them. I like the race a car in city without getting injured. Have fun with that. Yes let's all add watch the world not end on December.
I admire your spirit of volunteering around the world. keep going straight with your good heart! Good Luck.
No specific order or anything. I just wrote these as they came to my head.
Timmy Chen's Bucket List
Become a turtle
See the life-sized Gundam in Japan
View the filming of a movie in person
View the filming of a Korean drama in person
Get over my fear of roller coasters that loop
Touch a whale
Improve my ability to speak in front of crowds
Play basketball a lot more
Read more books
Buy a set of Twilight books and then set them on fire
Recall one dream that I have perfectly
Learn to play the piano
Learn to play the violin
Play in the snow
Ride in a submarine
Climb a tree
Sit on the beach at night and look up at the stars
Go star gazing on a mountain
Watch a sunset
Ride on a giraffe
Pet a rhinoceros
Own a platypus
Tame a squirrel
Improve my cooking skills
Improve my ability to solve math problems
Make a pizza from scratch
Watch the Notebook without crying
Live in a trashcan for a day
Buy a penguin
Wear a cape
Own a baby polar bear
Speak fluent Japanese
Make a snowman
Go to a basketball game instead of watching it on TV
Travel into space
Read Purgatorio and Paradiso
Watch a meteor shower
Watch all Star Wars movies in order
Pretend the last two weeks of my life was a dream
Thanks for a great semester Mr. Feraco. I'll miss your class and your lectures.
"Watch the Notebook without crying" aw, man. When I was young I used to be able to do that, then as I got older I started crying whenever I watched it! :0
Watching The Notebook without crying.... it takes a lot of emotional detachment to do that. When I watched it the first time, I started bawling and ever since then, I couldn't see it without at least tearing up and that's as good as I think I'll be able to do.
Ha. Great list. A few ones that I personally find worthy: watch a sunset. Do it. Do it again. And again. Watch Star Wars in order. Do it. Go stargazing. Totally worth it. Learn piano. Also worth it. At first I thought it was just another time-filler, but now I know how to play fun songs from TRON: Legacy, Inception, and How To Train Your Dragon; it'll never be the same again. And who doesn't want to wear a cape?
(Good luck finishing the Divine Comedy. Mr. Feraco will be proud.)
omg, Tron: legacy on piano! I was learning that hahaha
Hopefully, if I learn how to play the piano, it'll be something I do throughout my entire life. I find the music that's played on a piano really soothing and personally, it connects with my emotions so well. As for the Divine Comedy, that'll probably be something I do over the summer. I still need to finish the last Eragon book and I also want to read the last Harry Potter book. Sunsets and star gazing.... from what people have told me, it must be something to die for. I just have to find the time to go and the people who I want to enjoy this with.
Oh i forgot to lend you my eragon book. Bring it on monday. haha
- Attend an official Olympic game
- Attend a PAX convention
- Attend a KPOP master’s concert
- Experience zero-gravity
- Build up a playlist of at least 1000 songs for each genre that I listen to
- Shake hands with the President
- Catch a fish
- Roast a marshmallow around a campfire
- Fly in a hot air balloon
- Build a tree house with my kids
- See a live circus
- Finish at least one major television series
- Watch every movie on my must-see-list
- Own multiple breeds of dogs
- Play a board game from each country in Europe
- Personally teach kids in Taiwan and Hong Kong English
- Take a photo of all the national parks in the U.S.
- Gain recognition for contributions to the scientific community
- Memorize every major feature in the human body
- Get used to sleeping early and waking up early
- Find faith in something
- Learn mediation/yoga techniques
- Learn how to skateboard, snowboard, ski
- Learn a breakdancing move
- Learn how to ride a bike
- Learn how to play all the guitar as well as I can play the piano
- Learn professional photography techniques
- Learn how to cook gourmet food (or at least a good steak)
- Live outdoors for a week
- Be fluent in Chinese, English, Korean and Japanese
- Grow my own vegetable and fruit garden
- Stay at every hotel in Las Vegas at least once
- Ride on the fastest, tallest roller coaster in the world
- Make a snowman
- Build an igloo
- Go on Family Feud, Jeopardy!, Wheel of Fortune, or Who Wants to Be a Millionaire
- Go shark-cage diving
- Go snorkel diving in the Great Barrier Reef
- Go on a cross-country road trip with my friends
- Try out a sauna
- Sample a dish from every nation in Europe
- Visit a safari
- Visit the dark depths of Challenger Deep
- Visit Stonehenge
- View a live volcanic eruption from a safe distance
LOL some of the things you want to do remind me of all the works we have done, and all the brainstorming
-Learn to speak Japanese and French
-Attend in a meeting of congress
-Marry to a foreigner
-Get a high payment job
-go on hot air balloon
-Eat at the most expensive restaurant
-Have at least 5 children
-Become a secret agent
-Hike for 10 hours a day for a week
-Retire at 30 years old
-Figure out evolution is real or not
-Stop eating for a week
-Create an online website
-Become the best Country Strike player
-Win a lottery
-Go to Africa and help out people
-Get a safari
-Jump into a cold swimming pool in the morning
-Create my own online game
-Become a story teller in my late years and share my experiences with my grandchildren
-Take my parents and siblings around the world
-Design my own house
-Become a car designer in BMW
-Become an actor or at least act in one movie
-Become a tour leader and introduce Taiwan to the traveler
-Watch all the movies in the world (and famous movies one before I was born)
-Went to camp with my friend but using only what we can get there, we have to find our own food and somehow find a fire
-Build my own desktop (buying parts put it together)
-Rescue people from natural disaster
-See the northern light in person
-Live in the ice house
-go on the fighter jet
-record down my children's life
-Meet a great teacher like Feraco again (Yes I am serious)
Oh gosh... having five children. You should ask my parents what it was like raising me and my four younger siblings. Good luck with everything on your list!
Interested in what you mean by "stop eating for a week". I hope you're not going to literally stop eating, unless it's for something you believe in. Nonetheless, some interesting stuff in there.
listed by randomness
-take in as many information as possible and try to remember it for as long as i can
-read every book in the entire world
-try to get 500 subscribers on youtube by either uploading animations or by uploading singing covers
-gather a lot of plush toys
-learn all the languages in the world
-become a professional animator
-become a professional hair stylist
-become a professional make up artist
-sew my own clothes and possibly some cosplay outfits
-try to get a lot of watchers on deviantart ; c ;
-go to anime expo. cosplay, and enter all the events
-try to fool people into thinking i'm a guy
-work at maid cafe or a butler cafe if one exists
-watch a scary movie without closing my eyes. hopefully that'll happen next week when i watch The Woman in Black...
-watch all the animes that are awesome. they must be awesome or i'll start raging...
-watch every action/comedy/suspence/thriller movie.
-buy a flying car
-get a dog. a real dog. preferable a pomeranian.
-work for Disney
-work for Dreamworks
-work for Pixar
-work for Square Enix
-do commissions (if anyone wants me to do any)
-become a 2D animator
-become a 3D animator
-become a Modeler
-be able to texture a model
-be able to rig a Model
-be able to create special effects
-become a character artist
-be able to create a whole movie by myself
-be able to produce music by myself
-be able to make sound effects by myself
-be able to create textures
-be able to paint a background
-win a nobel prize (nah)
-become friends with a actor
-become friends with an actress
-become friends with a supermodel (or a normal model)
-become friends with a CEO
-become friends with a fashion designer
-become friends with a computer hacker
-become friends with a serial killer,but if they try to kill me i'm leaving them
-be able to hack anything so i can rule the world muahahaha...
-bring back a unicorn
-go to the dmv, check in and NOT go back home not being able to take the driving test... AGAIN D<
-get my license ; c ;
-buy a PS3
-buy a PSP
-buy the Final Fantasy games that i haven't played already
-buy the Parasite Eve games
-buy a first-person shooter game and not be freaked out when a guy suddenly comes out of nowhere and kills me...
-get Tetsuya Nomura's autograph
-continue watching Supernatural
-live in a mansion for a day
-buy an unlimited supply of smoothies
-sleep for an entire day
I like Final Fantasy too!! I love Cloud Strife in FF7 most.
"try to fool people into thinking i'm a guy" This is interesting. Why would you do that? I love smoothies and can't live without them during summer.
Graduate High School
Go to college (hopefully Oregon State or Arizona State)
Join a Fraternity
Go to Vegas for my 21st birthday
Go to vegas for most of my friends 21st birthdays
Become a teacher (either Physical education or History)
Get Married (Hopefully just once)
Have four or more children
Name one of my kids after me
Go camping with my kids
Buy a House
Buy a house for my mom and my aunt to live in
Own a brand new car (preferably a GT-R)
Own a 67’ or 69’ Mustang
See my kids grow up
Send my kids to college
See them get married
Hopefully in the future
Go to Lakers game
Go back to the philippines
Run for a government position in the philippines
Do a circuit Race
Learn how to speak Japanese
Get back in touch with my dad and his family
Learn how to ski, snowboard and Jet Ski
Watch Super Bowl live
Watch a Manny Pacquiao fight
Go to a UFC event
Play at a Poker tournament
Meet Will Smith
Watch Eminem Concert
Fight in one MMA event
Drive a Ferrari, Lamborghini, Skyline, Rolls Royce and a monster truck
Buy a Yacht
Box in a Top Rank event
Save a Person’s life
Invent a Time Machine
Get a #1 rank in MW3 point
I wanna see a lion in the wild
Go to Japan
Meet the President
Kiss the girl of my dreams at Disneyland
Swim with dolphins
Shoot a gun
Be in a protest
Wrestle a Crocodile
Release an album
Sing a favorite song in front of an audience
Solve a Cold Case
Throw a mega party
Win the lottery
Act on a film
Travel around the world
Cook a great meal
Visit a volcano
Create a comfortable underwear
"Create a comfortable underwear"-good luck on that one!
Made me laugh!
oh, I also just saw that you mentioned "Meet Will Smith". I really hope you get to do so. I've met him a couple years ago and he is super nice!
I love your list my favorite would be meet Will Smith because I love Will Smith. I wish I put down a concert.
This is a great list! Definitely some really cool stuff.
The things that I list are come from my head and I hope I can make at least ten of them become true.
1. Go shopping in France, Paris, and Milan
2. Go see the Milan Fashion Week every season with my mom
3. Visit Japan and see the cherry
4. Climb Everest and leave me imprint
5. Row on the river of Venice with my family and lover
6. Take picture of Eiffel Tower
7. Eat all the different food while I am traveling around
8. Become a movie star in China and corporate with my favorite stars
9. Visit all the famous university in U.S. and England
10. Have an interview with President and the principal of Harvard
11. Play with a dog
12. Make a strawberry cheese cake by myself and own a bakery
13. Ride on a Roller Coaster
14. Never give up when facing difficulties
15. Travel around the Central Park and Time Square of New York
16. See the real mummy in Egypt and Queen Cleopatra
17. Have a party in Greek
18. Visit Sweden
19. Go back to Ancient China especially in Qing Dynasty and play a role in it
20. Get a master degree of pharmacy and become a pharmacist
21. Create a song
22. Go to Disney World in Orlando
23. Work in New York
24. See the Olympic
25. Own some high technologies
26. Create a medicine that may help people who have cancers
27. Design a unique wedding dress
28. Ride a horse and camel
29. Collect clothes of limited edition
30. Learn to speak Spanish, Japanese, and Korean
31. Learn to dive
32. Learn piano
33. Cut my hair
34. Go back to visit China and travel to different cities in China
35. Have an international trade company with China
36. Go on hot air balloon with my lover
37. Camping with my friends
38. Collect books
39. Have a twin
40. Help anyone who needs help
41. Build a charity for poor people
42. Build schools for poor kids in anywhere around the world
43. Give my children a good education
44. Make my children’s life better and easier
45. Pursuit happiness in my future with those I love and also love me
1. Create a website with boatloads of traffic
2. Learn to pilot a small airplane
3. Shop at Hong Kong’s shoe street again
4. Go down Niagara Falls in some kind of transportation
5. Own a franchise of McDonalds
6. Work at In-n-Out
7. Live to see end of 2012
8. Go sailing at Catalina
9. Take a road trip across the states
10. Go to a 4-year college
11. Become a certified public accountant
12. Go around the world
13. Learn Chinese perfectly
14. Relearn the violin
15. Own a chicken
16. Go fishing under ice
17. Learn to beatbox
18. Listen to Dave Crowe live
19. Climb Mt. Everest
20. Launch a rocket
21. Own a Garter snake
22. Own a parakeet
23. Visit underground tunnels in Chicago
24. Find the Ark of Covenant
25. Have ginger milk pudding again
26. Fix my itouch
27. Visit Lake Vostok
28. Walk on the moon
29. Eat stinky tofu
30. Go to the North Pole
31. Live till 100 years old
32. Go Sky diving
33. Go zip lining
34. Go caving
35. Go snorkeling
36. Go scuba
37. Go on a hot air balloon
38. Visit a safari
40. Create my own video game
41. Eat curry in India
42. Go to the great barrier reef
43. Ride on an elephant
44. Learn Japanese
45. Learn Korean
46. Create a robot
47. Become a CEO
48. Give stuff to people in Africa
49. Finish a mba
50. Move to Antarctica
51. See an angler fish
52. Create a family
53. Visit the pyramids
54. Ride a hog
55. Live in the countryside
56. Buy a mansion
57. Learn to ski
58. Learn to snowboard
59. Finish this bucket list
60. Graduate from high school
Like your list. it's very realistic...uhm...u'll get it someday...
1. Get my driver license
2. Visit Hawaii with Vickie W.
3. Attend my dream college
4. Do an internship while studying in college
5. Study abroad
6. Join Jonny's Family fan club
7. Go to Tokyo to watch concerts
8. Get Yamada Ryosuke's autograph
9. Rejoin my anime fan-subtitle club
10. Learn to cook
11. Learn Italian
12. Learn Spanish
13. Learn to play the violin
14. Learn to identify constellations
15. Try to talk slower
16. Become a simultaneous interpreter
17. Interpret for international conferences
18. Work for the United Nations
19. Translate a book
20. Buy a house for my parents
21. Cook breakfast for my parents
22. Visit Dubai
23. Visit Maldives
24. Use my own salary to buy a Birkin bag of Hermès
25. Get married
26. Be a good mother
27. Raise baby twins
28. Teach my children different languages
29. Help my future husband tie his tie everyday
30. Adopt a Pikachu
31. Lie in the snow
32. Never drink alcohol
33. Never smoke
34. Buy a iPhone5
35. Make a helicopter tour
36. Eat salmon sashimi once a week
37. Create a website
38. Keep in contact with old friends
39. Move to Switzerland after I retire
40. Keep adding to this list
I want to play the violin too, but my dad was like "You are not artistic at all, so don't try that." We should go to Maldives and Hawaii together.
1. First, and foremost, I want to go and see the most beautiful in the world graduate, my girlfriend Courtney.
2. Well then I kind of want to graduate too so that would be next.
3. Maybe take a weeklong vacation to celebrate to no more high school.
4. When I get back I want to move in with that same beautiful girl that I watched graduate.
5. Start my life.
During my life:
1. I want to get a great six figure job if not more.
2. Own a nice two story house.
3. Own a Porsche.
4. Travel through Mexico and explore the Aztec ruins.
5. See the northern lights.
6. Go camping somewhere without shower twenty feet away from the tent.
7. Hike a huge trail.
8. Compete in a triathlon.
9. Learn to snowboard and surf.
10. Go to Venice, Italy because I have live in Venice, California.
11. Propose in a super romantic way to my current girlfriend, Courtney.
12. Get married.
13. Have kids.
14. Learn to speak Spanish so I can make my parents proud. Finally.
15. Teach my kids Spanish so they can get an easy a in high school or learn a third language.
16. Be able to afford everything that my kids want but no let them become spoiled brats.
17. Buy go karts and let my son steer when he turns to like my dad did for me.
18. Own a house in Flagstaff, Venice, and Lancaster. All the U.S. ones.
19. Teach my kids how to snowboard.
20. Teach my kids how to BMX.
21. Make sure I have the best lawn on the block.
22. Be the best dad I can be.
23. Never get divorced.
24. Teach my grandchildren Spanish.
25. Be able to say “I lived a great life.”
26. Be able to complete this list even though as the years pass it will get bigger.
Go to Australia, Italy, and Japan
Grow out my hair
Dye my hair
Take a road trip
Take a train to New York
Get a dog
Learn to fight well
Write a book series
Write a best seller
Be a voice actor for a movie or game
Get all my tattoos
Get my own apartment
Learn stick shift
Visit my best friend in France
Teach my kids more languages than I know
Be the best man at a wedding
Volunteer at an animal hospital
Find out why my uncle loved Hawaii so much
Read as many books as possible
Find more things to do
Aww yea, JP. Long hair, don't care. Let's do it. Good luck learning stick shift though, I heard it's incredibly complex/difficult.
It’s just a random list with the things I want to do in different phases of my life.
Rest of my senior year:
Make sure my grade don’t drop a lot
Plan a trip to Hawaii with my best friend Leeanne
Keep playing the piano when I have time
Try to be more outgoing and brave
Get my driver’s license as soon as possible
Travel to Tibet during summer
Try different restaurants
Try every kind of chocolate
Really want to have a Doraemon
Make more friends
Study abroad at Paris during junior year
Visit the vineyards in France
Go skiing at Alps
Spend a week Provence to see the lavender
Double major in psychology and math
Intern for United Nations
Speak fluent French
Find a fencing coach
Become an actuary
Become a pianist (I’m pretty sure this can never come true)
Go scuba diving at Maldives
Go to Australia to see koala bears
Try every kind of chocolate all over the world
Have a Chihuahua
Take some cuisine classes and make some desserts for my family members and friends
Design and Decorate my house by myself
Work four days a week
Spend more time with my parents before they age
Go to the South Pole to see the penguins
Sunbathing at Aegean Sea
Float on the Dead Sea
Take a cruise tour to Caribbean
Hopefully get married before 30 and raise a child
Retire at 50 and travel around the world
Pass away peacefully on a comfortable armchair (don’t want to spend the last moment of my life at hospital)
"I’m pretty sure this can never come true" please don't say that. You can do it, keep playing.
1. Go to France
2. Go to Italy
3. Go to New York
4. Go to Italy
6. Hot air ballooning
7. Go to college
8. Be married
9. Have kids
10. Have a good paying job
11. Travel to Bahamas, Bora Bora
12. Like going on the airplane more
13. See the Northern Lights
14. Watch a Lakers game
15. Watch a clippers game
16. Go to any NBA game
17. Want my parents to see my kids
18. Watch a college basketball game
19. Have a nice house
20. Live in a nice community
21. Have a nice car preferably a BMW
22. Have a nice phone
23. Have a dog
Get a mohawk, and not cry.
Play Skyrim, and not get an arrow in the knee.
Have a bigger sense of life, and not overlook the smaller things.
Gain weight, and not be a stick.
Go to New York and watch a broadway musical, and not get mugged.
Learn Japanese, proficiently (seriously), and not fail at ordering at Ichima.
Go on an African safari, and not get malaria.
Learn to count cards, and not get caught.
Ride a chocobo (they just haven't been genetically engineered yet), and not wake from a dream.
Get into a bar fight over a girl, and not lose.
Own dogs, fluffy ones that I can cuddle with all day and all night and use as pillows, and not crush them.
Swim amidst a school of fish, and not become shark food.
Direct a full-length movie, and not be embarrassed.
Compose a full orchestral score, and not trash it.
Learn to use accents as well as Elite instructor Jamie, and not be offensive at the same time.
Save someone's life, and not die as a result.
Play Dance Central 2, and not look stupid.
Age, and not grow old.
Grow old, and not lose my metabolism.
Serve my country, and not die.
Learn how to be a barista, and not get addicted to my own coffee.
Commit to a polyphasic sleep cycle for some time, and not die.
Learn how to have a lucid dream, and not get killed by my ex-girlfriend.
Complete one generation's Pokédex, and not cheat.
Drink water while laying down, and not spill it.
Get in a relationship, and not mess it up.
And I suppose my last one, and most important one should be:
Live life, and like it.
I like how you stated the potential side effects of the things on your list you wanted to avoid as well haha.
Really enjoyed reading this. Unique bucket list!
I find it hard to see you with a mohawk but it's an interesting list!
I love how you included vague and specific items on your list. I also liked how you made your list harder by not simply being satisfied with doing something your list but in a particular manner.
@Jessica: Thanks, the blog post beneath mine was an interesting read as well :p
@Elliot: Me too, but one day….
@Andy: Haha, I always take my time to read yours, so kudos to your style as well.
@Calvin: I was just throwing down whatever came to mind but thank you =)
_ Learn how to play at least 4 additional instruments
_ Donate my hair
_ Own all shades of OPI, Essie, and China Glaze
_ Roll down a big grass covered hill
_ Watch the sunrise at the beach
_ Put together a thouand-piece puzzle, and frame it
_ Do nothing but watch movies, paint my nails, and eat potatoes an entire day
_ Perm my hair
_ Make my own clothes and jewelry
_ Get around to decorating my room with strung lights and pictures
_ Keep in touch with the kids I taught over summer and watch them grow up
_ Have a reunion with my old friends from childhood
_ Have a walk in closet, with a wall filled with shoes
_ Compose an original song
_ Go back to Hawaii with my best friend in middle school (who took me twice) to celebrate our same birthday again
_ Learn to cook a signature dish I can call my own
_ Sit first class to somewhere
_ Take my children to Walt Disney World
Somehow got cut off. Continued:
_ Own a Disneyland annual pass!
_ Have matching outfits with my husband and wear them to family gatherings
_ Buy a fresh Christmas tree every year to decorate with my husband+kids
_ Somehow get over my earthquake phobia
_ Go to Bali with my parents and sister
_ Drive myself at speedzone
_ Continue my collection of almost every card, letter, and note I've kept since fifth grade
_ Have a bonfire and burn ALL my keyboard theory books when I finish advanced
_ Never forget how to play piano, and teach my own children how to play
_ Watch a meteor shower
_ Own an Alaskan Klee Kai
Watch the Super Bowl/ NBA Finals/ World Cup Final Live
Sit courtside at an NBA game
Beating someone in a pick-up game through a comeback and proceeding to tebow
Throw a football 60 yards
Make a 40 yard field goal
Surf, snowboard, and ski
Things to Learn
Play the guitar proficiently
Speak fluently in Cantonese and Mandarin
Learn sign language
Cook a gourmet dinner
Do a back flip
Learn to whistle a song
Learn how to forge a sword
Learn how to waltz and salsa dance
Help an animal give birth
Tame a wild lion
Make a legitimate short film
Teach a dog tricks
Own a pet monkey
Touch a polar bear
Tip a cow
High-five (Low-five?) a penguin
Go hunting with a crossbow
Road trip across the United States or Europe with friends
Complete a marathon
Upload a prank video on YouTube
Hike to the top of a mountain and watch the sun rise
Speak in front of a large crowd
Stand in the top level of the Empire State Building
Make friends with a homeless person
Strike up an engaging conversation with a complete stranger
Change someone’s life (hopefully for the better)
Make a friend with someone from each continent, even Antarctica
Places to See
See the Aurora Borealis
See the Great Pyramid of Giza
See the Taj Mahal
Shoot a sniper rifle (Hopefully not at someone)
Fall asleep under the stars out in a field outside the city
Participate in a snowball fight
Make a blanket fort
See a meteor shower
Wish under a shooting star
Jump from one building to another
Scream in the air without anyone around to hear (of course if it isn’t an emergency)
Participate in a B-Boy Battle
Thanks. Wish I could think of more though. Mines seem short.
Fly an airplane
Travel around the world
Have a good job
Learn to snowboard
Become a wedding planner
Have lawyer licenses
Become a make up artist
Become a display window designer
Have 35 best friends
Own a house
Design my own house
Go to Disney
Fly in a hot air balloon
Own a Husky
See the Northern Lights
Learn how to dance
Master 2000s (dance move).
Eat raw squid.
Convince my girlfriend to eat raw squid with me.
Master 1990s (dance move).
Drink out of a toilet.
I'm kidding; that's gross.
Master hand-pops (dance move).
Visit the cherry blossom lane in Japan.
Master corkscrew flips.
Finish using a pencil.
Finish using an eraser.
Master baby-mills (dance move).
Hold a shower-singing contest.
Judges won't be in the shower-room of course. Don't think nasty, children.
Master air-chair (dance move).
Sleep by 11PM for one week straight.
Learn to samba.
Stun an audience with an amazing Chanteur performance.
Learn to salsa.
Stop judging others.
Learn advanced hip-hop.
Go without facebook for a month.
Perform a dance duet (preferably a romantic one).
Kiss someone I'm romantically attracted to.
Oh wait, I already did.
Or did I? Guess.
Talk in an epic Feraco voice for a whole week.
Keep a straight face while doing so.
Install water-less urinals in my future house.
Read the newspaper everyday.
Beat difficult mode in DDR.
Beat regular mode in DDR. I haven't played in years, but I remember how tough this game is.
Stop procrastinating. How ironic!
Memorize Mass celebration.
Watch "A Walk to Remember" with my significant other.
Kill 3 flies in an ultimate swing.
Pray for my enemies.
Grow an apple tree and an orange tree in my backyard.
And above all:
Become a saint.
I like how you added humor into yours..like when you wrote "drink out of the toilet," I thinking, "Wait...is he serious? Why?!" Haha.
Life - Make my parents proud with every decision I make for my future.
Love - Marry someone that I am compatible with.
Music - Compose enough songs on my guitar to make an album, and maybe even profit off of it.
Miscellaneous - Sew an amazing outfit for the masquerade at Anime Expo.
Travels - Meet up with my childhood friends from Korea.
Talents - Become proficient at singing.
Job - Find something that I enjoy.
Friends - Keep in touch with my high school friends throughout my entire life.
Family - Throw the most festive Christmas parties at my future home for my family.
Commitments - Maintain my faith in Christ.
Promises - Meet up with my online friends.
Childhood - To not become lost in the adult world and hold firmly to my childish attitude.
Memories - To not forget the lessons that I have learned throughout high school.
Cherish - To not replace my dog, Lucky.
Games - Remain a gamer as an adult.
Children - Hand down my old Pokémon VHS tapes and my Nintendo 64 to my child so that he or she can experience Anime/cartoons and gaming like I did.
School - All I can ask for is to attend a nice school, receive a decent job, and pass my courses.
Death - Die gloriously.
Teachings - To raise my future child the same way my parents raised me.
Expectations - Write a meaning song that my listeners won't forget.
Reality - Write a meaning song that my listeners won't forget.
1.)Travel the world
2.) Eat food from a variety of different cultures
3.) Experience different cultures
4.) Go rock climbing
5.) Visit Guam, where my old family is
6.) Drive a NASCAR race car
7.) Own a mansion
8.) Meet the president
9.) Take a tour of the white house
10.) Go on a cruise to Alaska
11.) Visit alaska
13.) Have a family of my own
14.) Buy my dream car
15.) Meet my dream girl
16.) Go on a food eating tour like the man from "Man v. Food"
17.) Save a life
18.) Go Hunting, with tranquilizers, not live rounds
19.) Meet my favorite basketball team
20.) Meet my favorite football team.
21.) Fly over a volcano
22.) Fly in a helicopter
23.) Go scuba diving
24.) Go in a submarine
25.) Go on a aircraft carrier.
26.) Watch a live airplane show
27.)Learn all the main languages in the world
28.) Visit Australia
29.) Visit Antarctica
30.) Make a significant change towards world peace
31.) Get married
32.) Have kids and live long enough to see them finish school
33.) See my kids get married
34.) Live long enough to complete my list*
Ride a polar bear
Drive a fancy sports car
Ride a Giraffe
Go back to where my parents were born (Burma)
Learn how to play piano
Relearn how to play the guitar
Have a family
Have grand kids
Go bungee jumping
Make a stranger smile
Paint a mural
Learn how to play the ukulele
Make a time capsule
Run a marathon
Learn how to play the bass
Learn how to play the violin
Stand under the Hollywood sign
See the northern lights
Travel into space
Live to see the day we travel to other planets
Get a job
Make a movie
Star in a movie
Catalogue my parent’s life stories
Catalogue my own life stories
Read the Harry Potter Series
Read The Lord of the Ring Series
Read Hunger Games
Watch a live concert
Compete nationally as a gamer
Become the #1 at something
Create my own video game
Bake a cake
Learn how to cook
Eat at a five star restaurant
Go base jumping
Make my dad proud
Make my mom proud
Write a song
Learn ballroom dancing
Learn how to golf
Play tennis professionally
Watch all the great movies of the 20th century
Start my own bussiness
Create my own tech company
Create my own video game company
Make a million dollars
Fight a grizzly bear
Cross the Sahara Desert
Climb Mount Everest
Go across the Andes Mountains
Hey man, I could help you fulfill pretty much half of your list!
Fight a bear? Good luck with that.
You are really ambitious. This is a really tough list to finish.
In no particular order:
1. Visit all seven continents
2. Spend at least a year travelling
3. Live in another country for a year
4. Visit all 50 states
5. Attend a masquerade
6. Learn at least one more language
7. Get married
8. Have kids
9. Learn to dance (well)
10. Learn to play piano
11. Learn at least two more instruments (besides piano)
12. Go on a cruise
13. Breed dogs (preferably german shepherds)
14. Finish composing a song
15. Dye my hair something funky
16. Become wealthy enough to wear a suit every day
17. Own a library/ bookstore
18. Become wealthy enough to indulge all my most expensive hobbies
Short I know, but I'm sure there are more I just can't think of at the moment. Besides, the list will undoubtedly grow as I age.
1. Go to New York
2. Get a Polynesian tattoo
3. Learn to dance
4. Learn to play the ukulele
5. Meet Roger Federer
6. Go to the Super Bowl
7. Go to Wimbledon
8. Travel to Europe/Backpack across it
9. Go to Six Flags for the first time
10. Buy a BMW 3 series
11. Have a role in a movie (extra)
12. Meet a famous actor
13. Go to Hawaii and learn how to surf
14. Go scuba diving
15. Get my ears and lip pierced
16. Relearn how to play the piano
17. Get a bartending license
18. Learn to fly a plane
19. Meet Kobe Bryant
20. Open a restaurant
21. Own a chinchilla
22. Visit Washington and the White House
23. Go to a Lakers game, preferably in the playoffs
24. Go on a cruise
25. Go to a rave
26. Choreograph a hip hop piece
27. Live in a place that snows for at least a year
28. Learn to snowboard (well)
29. Make a full court shot at a basketball court
30. Play against a ranked professional tennis player
31. Meet my dream girl
32. Propose in the most amazing way ever
33. Have two kids
34. Visit the moon
35. Star in a movie
36. Have my own TV show
37. Go cliff diving and skydiving
38. Travel to every major continent excluding Antarctica
39. Go to a FIFA World Cup
40. Learn to cook
41. Build my own house
42. Learn some form of martial arts
43. Start being a sneakerhead again
44. Guest star in a Disney Channel show (that’s how you know you made it haha)
45. Start CrossFit with my coach
46. Visit a rainforest
47. Go to Venice
48. Write a song that gets radio airplay
49. Contribute to the Arcadia High School Marching Band
50. Develop a bunch of accents to speak in for fun
51. Run for office
52. Discover a new island
53. Visit every state.
54. Become nationally recognized (in a good way)
55. Be a voice in a Pixar movie
56. Actually buy that DSLR camera I’ve been wanting for so long
57. Take professional photos for a wedding
58. Give my parents the things they’ve always wanted
59. Participate in any professional team sport
60. Be an amazing father for my future kids
Just typing as I think,
1. Buy kittens
2. Raise kittens to eventually make more kittens
3. Make and Sell a work of art
4. Own a king-sized bed
5. Work somewhere that is animal friendly
6. Make decent French Toast
7. Bake cookies from scratch
8. Bake a pie
9. Discover something and being allowed to name it whatever I want
10. Be an extra in a Blockbuster Movie (successful/big movie)
11. Visit Vancouver again
12. Go to a football game
13. Go to a music concert
14. Write a song that I’m proud of
15. Learn to play the Piano
16. Grow a plant
17. Save someone in a Super heroic fashion
18. Build/Design a playground
19. Learn to whittle
20. Make the Front Page of the Internet
1. Get into a 4 year university.
2. Play blackjack in Vegas.
3. Go scuba diving in the Caribbean Sea.
4. Fly a plane/helicopter.
5. Get my bike license.
6. Go to Superbowl game.
7. Sit next to the Lakers during the finals.
8. Get an autograph from Kobe Bryant.
9. Visit my Dad's family in China.
10. Fly around the world in 80 days.
11. Host a party on a yacht.
12. Stand on top of a skyscraper.
13. Drive a Ferrari, Lambo, R8, S4, S5, 1M, M3, M5, M6 , M7, S2K, Porsche, Lexus LFA, ISF, IS 350, STI, GTI, EVO 9, C63 AMG and many more
14. Buy stocks.
15. Read plenty of books.
16. Learn to play the piano.
17. Learn how to DJ.
18. Learn how to speak Spanish, French, German, Australian.
19. Own a pet duck in my bathtub.
20. Own a koi fish pond.
21. Visit Japan, China, Taiwan, Canada, Amsterdam, France, Italy, Greece, Moscow, London.
1. Attend college
2. Study abroad
3. Travel the world (to as many countries/places as possible
4. Get married
5. Start a family
6. Rebuild my relationship with my Dad
7. Get closer to family
8. Visit my relatives in Malaysia
9. Discover more of myself
10. Make a difference (no matter how big or small) in the world
11. See the pyramids in Egypt with a significant other
12. Snowboard for the first time
13. Ski for the first time
14. Get a job that I enjoy
15. Learn how to play the guitar
16. Learn how to cook
17. Bake more
18. Learn to be more independant
19. Learn how to whistle
20. Own a puppy/dog
21. Buy a car
22. Climb Mt. Everest (I don't know how far I'll reach but at least I can say I climbed it!)
23. Visit the Art Museum
24. Go on a cruise
25. Learn how to speak Japanese
26. Re-learn Malay and Mandarin (very rusty at the moment)
27. Re-learn how to play the piano
28. Attend a Superbowl game.
29. Learn how to ride a motorbike.
30. Get into the habit of reading more books
31. Get my belly pierced
32. Build a tree-house
33. Own a house with a pool
34. Learn how to dance (hip hop, jazz, etc.)
35. Swim with dolphins/ride a dolphin jumping over a rainbow
36. Create a movie journal
37. Stay healthy and active even when I'm older
38. Learn how to play tennis
39. Set food on the Moon and eat cheese
40. Play with a giant panda
41. Swim in the Caribbean Sea
42. Go to Disney World in Florida
43. Make at least million dollars
44. Write a book
45. Meet people of every race/religion
46. Have a romantic candle-lit dinner
47. Grow my hair long enough to donate
48. Create and grow my own garden of flowers and vegetables
49. Plant and own an apple tree
50. Drive across the nation (road trip)
51. Ride a horse
52. Learn how to shoot an arrow
53. Go paint-balling
54. Go laser-tagging
55. Ride a unicorn
56. Visit the Niagara Falls
57. Attend or have my own underwater wedding
58. Pet a shark without being harmed/eaten
59. Ride in a hot-air balloon
60. Thank everyone I need to thank before my time on Earth is over
61. Shake hands with a celebrity
62. Own a humongous walk-in closet
63. Own a pair of shoes for every day of the year
64. My a stuffed-animal
65. Knit a sweater/scarf
66. Own a king-sized bed
67. Stay in touch and stay best friends with Wendy Cheung
68. Lead a happy/prosperous life
-with roots above and branches below-
1. Go see the devil wears prada backstage
2. Go skydiving
3. See all the major wonders of the world
4. Go to warped tour every year for 10 years
5. Learn how to play the bass
6. Be in a band
7. Milk a cow
8. Go zip lining
9. Meet every member of the devil wears prada seperatly( I've almost done this, im only missing mike)
10. Go to bamboozle
- I don't believe that everything that youve known about me is gone forever-
11. Meet Johnny Knoxville
13. Build my own house
14. Build a car
15. Have a cup of coffee with the President
16. Go on a cruise
17. Fly in a fighter jet
18. Get every cd from brand new signed
19 do the same as number 18 but for te devil wears prada
20. Have a great life
- it all comes back full circle-
We have several of the same wishes...
(I've met all of TDWP and I can kinda play the bass though)
Good luck on completing these things! I really like how you used the lyrics to separate your dreams
I've met them also multiple times
I Ment like each member by themselves
1) jump off a plane at 30,000 feet
2) master the guitar
3) make it to the semi-finals in redbull BC 1
4) star in a top-hit movie
5) marry a girl of my dreams
6) visit the Philippines again
7) have a family reunion with everyone
travel around the world to eat exotic food
9) record my own personal album
10) be in a small rock band and become famous
11) win the lottery
12) be in the driver seat of a bugatti veyron
13) own a Lamborghini aventador
14) own a suite peering at Venice beach from my porch
15) cook exquisite dishes
16) perform to an audience of 1,000 people
17) camp out with friends gazing at the stars
18) visit the seven wonders of the world
19) meet face-to-face with the president of the united states
20) visit disney world, Japan
21) learn to drift in Tokyo
22) be able to play piano at a small glimpse of the sheet music
23) drive a truck
24) watch a cop commit a bank robbery
25) be in a flash mob proposal
26) watch my kids grow up to outdo me
1) be the absolute greatest son to my parents.
2)find the women to spend my life with.
3)have the most amazing kids ever.
4)take my son to his first practice.
5)buy my parents something over $10,000
6)establish a great and long lasting friendship with my siblings
7)get into a great well known university
8)own my first house
9)visit most of the countries around the world
10)meet up with all my closest guy friends when were 40 have a beer and a cigar and catch up.
11)make sure my kids see their grandparents
12)be a legit business man
13)fly first class across the world
14)gamble at the high rollers tables.
15)eat a oyster.
16)be known as a great guy to everybody i meet.
18)work hard to my limit, and then go over that limit.
I cannot believe that I actually missed the last blog. Anyway these are all bucket lists:
Thoughts, thoughts, come to me…
1) Get my GPA up, high GPA=high scholarship=MONEY:p
2) Take online course for more credits/higher GPA.
3) Finish the online course(s) before the end of summer.
4) Get good grades next semester. PS: I really didn’t try hard this semester. I don’t know why I just don’t have the “feelings” anymore…panicking…
5) Get a job when I have free time.
6) Earn enough money so I can buy whatever I want.
7) Go back to Japan, Hawaii, may be China if I have more time.
Go shop…shop like I am crazy…(sorry, girls are like that)
9) Buy all the things I like, so I would not be regret which means that I do have to manager my time well…otherwise…
10) Enjoy my summer vocation because after that I am going to be busy again!
11) Successfully graduate from college, when I get out from it I hope I don’t have much loans need to pay off
12) Get a good job while in college.
13) Have fun, but don’t off the track.
14) Save 10% of the salary.
15) Don’t ask parents/ family members for money.
16) Have my own business; it can be a small tiny shop, for some small things.
17) Perform in the SeaWorld Dolphin show (interest).
18) Be the RIGHT LADY( right for everything, friendship, moral, academic)
19) Have my own sky.
20) Let the people around me feel it’s proud to know me.
21) Don’t be a cry baby.
22) Pay off the student loans as soon as possible.
23) Earn a lot, a lot of money. (just hate the taxes)
24) Have $500,000 dollars in my saving account before I turn 30.
25) When I am at my 30, I wish I can still look like I’m 20.
26) When I am at my 40, I wish I can still look like I’m 25.
27) And so on…
28) A good husband? Not very sure on this one!
29) Never regret for what I have not done. Suck up! It’s my own fault anyway. It’s interesting how I found more 80% of the time is my own fault.
30) Be nice, gentle, and good moral; give it a try at least. (I don’t know when my demon will come out)
31) Success on my future career.
32) Travel to anywhere I want.
33) If one day I don’t want to live anymore I’ll get the shot (forgot what does called), and then pay these “smart” people to save my corpse well. Maybe 500 years later, someone finds my corpse and brings me back alive, if and only if, the future generations are that smart.
34) Really, earn A LOT OF MONEY!!! I don’t know how people can live without them!
35) Donate at least 15% of my savings because I heard if you have earned a lot of money, and you never donate them you’ll get curse.
36) Never break a single mirror; it’s a bad luck, my friend experienced a real bad heart breaking the day after she broke her mirror.
37) Can always receive the gift from Santa not Satan.
38) Last but never the least, change back my original name before I go back to Japan, otherwise my grandpa is probably going to kick me out of the house. And practice my Japanese, or they will get very MAD. I mean MAD.
*Happy early birthday to Mr. Feraco 2013
Wish you can live “younger” each day too.
I was going to make you a birthday pic, but never mind~~~ to much work.
1. Take care and serve my parents
2. Participate in charity work
3. To foster at least a kid
4. Enjoy my youth
5. Keep myself young and pretty
6. To be a beautiful, lovely, elegant and polite woman
7. Find a true love
8. Love him, and to be loved
9. Travel to every continent
10. Really live in a country and experience their culture
11. To forget, forgive and move forward
12. Maintain my health
13. Never rely on fortune
14. Get into a good university and get a great job
15. Meet a lot of good friends and expand my network system
16. Kick bad habits
17. Build up my personal style
18. Give birth to one or two children, love them, cultivate them and give them the best school and family education
19. Keep track of my kids life, write them as a diary and let them read it as they are older
20. See my grandchildren
21. Get pass in this class for the first semester
22. Get a better grade in this class for the second semester
23. Give birth to one or two children
24. Peacefully pass through 2012
25. Relearn piano
26. Learn guitar
27. Learn Japanese, Spanish as foreign languages
28. Learn French, Korean and Hindi as well if possible
29. Know world history and Chinese history
30. Be sensitive to news
31. Participate in political affairs
32. Cook well
33. Draw well
34. Go underwater
35. Be an entrepreneur, have my own business
36. To invent something
37. Get a plastic surgery, kick underbite
38. Learn photography
39. Climb trees
1) Learn to ballroom dance.
2) Learn to play the guitar
3) Travel to Brazil.
4) Travel to Mexico to see the rest of my family for the first time.
5) Go sky diving.
6) Bungee jump from over 100ft high.
7) Meet Katy Perry in person.
Dance on dancing with the stars.
9) Get arrested one time.
10) Be able to experience new years in New York.
11) Run at least one city marathon.
12) Get married at least twice.
13) Go under water in the ocean in a shark cage.
14) Motor cross live on TV.
15) Paintball in nothing but underwear.
16) Get hit by a car, and live of course.
17) Crowd surf during a concert.
18) Crash a wedding at least 3 times.
19) Ride a wheelchair with fireworks attached to it.
20) Learn how to roller skate.
21) Wrestle an alligator.
22) Tackle a gorilla with football equipment.
23) See the white in person.
24) Meet at least one president and shake their hand and take a picture of it.
25) Star in an action movie.
26) Learn how to fight and have a match with a professional UFC fighter.
27) Conquer my fear of ships sinking in the ocean and take a cruise.
28) Be present during a real live exorcism.
29) Sing in a church quire.
30) Lick a stop sign pole and have my tongue get frozen to the pole.
31) Run away from a bear.
32) Go to a live NFL Steelers football game.
33) Live passed 102.
Only users who are logged in may leave comments on this blog. Please follow the link below in order to log in.
Click here to log in